Stakeholder relationships are key
Planning an infrastructure project of this size must consider several differing factors and stakeholder viewpoints. As such, maintaining positive stakeholder relationships is incredibly important.
Our stakeholders are wide ranging and include community-based interest groups, the logistics and transport industry, local businesses, people who live and work in the Fremantle and Kwinana region and more.
Westport’s guiding engagement principles are:
- Open: Being clear on engagement and accurate with information that responds to concerns, views and expectations.
- Inclusive: Hearing our stakeholders, acknowledging concerns and engaging in a manner that fosters mutual respect and trust. We want it to be easy to engage with us and recognise stakeholders’ needs will change over time.
- Collaborative: Valuing and acknowledging our stakeholders’ expertise, experience, support, input and time. Actively work across Government to avoid confusion and support a unified voice.
- Respectful: Acknowledging concerns and engaging in a manner that fosters mutual respect and trust.
- Proactive: No surprises by sharing information as early as possible, in many formats to suit different needs.