Working across Government to plan for WA’s trade future
Westport is an integrated team across State Government, working together to plan the future port in Kwinana’s Outer Harbour, supporting road/rail network, transition from the Fremantle Inner Harbour and support key Government priorities, such as the Western Trade Coast’s Global Manufacturing Hub and future growth of Kwinana.
Patrick Seares, Managing Director, Westport
Patrick Seares brings a wealth of environmental expertise and engagement experience to lead the cross-Government Westport team. He was appointed as Managing Director in February 2021.
Patrick worked for the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation and Office of the Environmental Protection Authority and has led significant business improvement projects during his career. These included advising on strategic governance, operational change and reform, stakeholder engagement and marine research.
The Westport team
Sitting within the Department of Transport, the Westport Program's role is to deliver:
- Environmental and social strategy
- Port and logistics design
- Aboriginal opportunity strategy
- Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Commercial and economic modelling
- Non-container trade review
A number of agencies are working with Westport to deliver key parts of the Program, or related initiatives and policies.
Key agencies include:
- Department of Jobs, Science, Tourism and Innovation
- Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage
- Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development
- Department of Transport
- Department of Water and Environmental Regulation
- Fremantle Port Authority
- Main Roads Western Australia
- Public Transport Authority